- March 31, 2020 -
PALM BEACH AND COVID-19 UPDATES
With the everchanging climate of COVID-19, our team has been closely monitoring updates to ensure all our Owners, guests and teams' safety. In line with official directives from the State of Florida, beaches throughout Palm Beach County are closed. Entertainment venues such theaters, concert halls, playhouses, and more have been ordered close until least March 31, 2020 - it may be extended if deemed necessary. At this time, marinas and boat ramps are closed to recreational boating activities.
The health and safety of our owners, guests and team members is our number one priority. We are closing the property for all short-term rentals until April 12, 2020. This date may be extended. Several owners and guests are staying at the property until it is safe to return home. Many of these owners are seniors and our team is taking every possible measure to ensure their health and safety. The social distancing protocol is being followed, and local grocery stores are providing free delivery to seniors. During this time, our staff are taking all precautions, and deep cleaning our resort as well as providing all maintenance updates. This is a challenging time, and we will get through it together.
We encourage you to follow @CDCgov's safety guidelines for travel. All owners that have a reservation affected by COVID-19 will have the opportunity to reschedule their trip for a different date. Here is specific information from the CDC regarding travel. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. As a reminder, the Department of Health always recommends everyday preventive actions to help impede the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick;
- Staying home when you are sick and avoiding contact with persons in poor health;
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Covering your cough or sneezing with a tissue, then disposing of the tissue;
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing;
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash your hands with soap and water if hands are visibility dirty;
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Florida Department of Health has opened a 24-hour COVID-19 call center to answer questions you may have. Call 866-779-6121 or email email@example.com. For more information on COVID-19, please visit the Florida Department of Health's website. Updated airport information can be found at the Palm Beach International Airport website.
If there are any questions or concerns about your stay, please feel free to reach out. We miss you and can't wait to see you later this year.
- March 20, 2020 -
LEMONJUICE COVID-19 RESPONSE
The disruption from COVID-19 virus is unprecedented. At Lemonjuice, we are continuously monitoring the development of COVID-19 in the USA and specifically our resort locations. Our number one priority is the well-being, health and safety of our owners, guests and team members. In order to secure just that, we have set-up procedures, plans and routines so that all of our owners and guests can feel safe when staying at our resorts.
At our resorts, hygiene and cleanliness are always prioritized. We are also emphasizing the importance of good hand hygiene based on recommendations from local health authorities. We also encourage guests to frequently wash their hands with soap and warm water.
What we do at our hotels for securing the safety of our owners and guests:
- We follow all guidelines and recommendations of local authorities.
- All Lemonjuice managed resorts have been provided with information about COVID-19 and management instructions.
- Adjusted Check-in procedures will allow owners, guests, and team members to maintain the recommended social distance of a minimum of 6 feet.
- Increased focus on hand hygiene protocols.
- Regular disinfecting of exposed surfaces such as door handles, card terminals and elevator buttons with anti-bacterial liquids.
- Team members exhibiting any cold or flu symptoms will stay home for a minimum of 14 days.
All of our resorts are open and operating with additional safety procedures in place. We are taking every precaution in order for our owners and guests to feel safe. Our properties are unique as each unit is a stand-alone condo/townhouse with fully equipped kitchens so guests can eat-in rather than relying on eating out.
We will continue to communicate as we learn more or if we have an adjustment to our procedures.
If you have any questions or concerns that arise please contact us.
Get the latest news about SEA CLUB IV RESORT
Address3229 S. Atlantic Ave
Daytona Beach, Florida 32118
Phone number(386) 767-2700
Fax number(386) 761-8585
Owner's QuestionResort Manager - Michael DiPaola
HoursMon - Fri
8AM - 6PM
8AM - 8PM
8AM - 5PM